A non-profit theatre society in Wellington, New Zealand
Page last updated on Monday 3 June 2013
- 26 June to 13 July 2013: Pride and Prejudice, adapted from Jane Austen by Joy Hellyer and Amy Whiterod, directed by Paul Kay and Joy Hellyer
Find out more about this production.
- 5-14 September 2013: Proof by David Auburn, directed by Tanya Piejus (see below for audition information)
- 6-16 November 2013: Anne Boleyn by Howard Brenton, directed by Ewen Coleman
Find out more about our 2013 season.
Proof by David Auburn
Directed by Tanya Piejus
Audition date and venue: 1-5 pm on Sunday 23 June 2013 at the Upper Chamber, Toi Poneke, 61 Abel Smith Street
Performance dates: 5-14 September 2013 (eight performances)
Rehearsals start on 7 July 2013 at Toi Poneke, 61 Abel Smith Street
- Catherine - 25, large role. A brittle young woman at a crossroads in her life, trying to decide what to do now her mentally ill father has died and battling with her sister's desire for her to move to New York, the attentions of her father's former student, and her fear that she may have inherited her father's mental instability as well as his gift for mathematics.
- Claire - 29, medium-sized role. Catherine's perky, professional, annoying sister who is bright, but lacks Catherine's genius, and already doubts her sister's sanity.
- Robert - 50s, medium-sized role. Intensely intelligent, caring and passionate but unstable father of Catherine and Claire. Shares a close bond with his younger daughter due to her sharing his mathematical genius.
- Hal - 28, medium-sized role. Well-intentioned, slightly geeky ex-student of Robert's who is trying to find something of value in the many notebooks Robert left behind, and who embarks on an awkward relationship with Catherine.
Proof is set in Chicago and all actors must be able to sustain a standard American accent and will be expected to at least have a go at one during auditions. Coaching during rehearsals can be provided, if needed, for those cast.
This is a low-key, but highly engaging, drama about humanity and what is considered 'sane' in the modern world. It's a great actors' play and a good challenge for four talented people who want to get to grips with great characters, excellent writing and thought-provoking ideas.
For more information and to book an audition slot, contact the production manager Susannah Donovan on 021 267 2069 or email her.
Auditions for Anne Boleyn will be on 24 and 25 August.
Home | About us | Contact us
Website by Tiny Pieces